CATIES has received funding from Disabilities Rights NJ to educate transition personnel, teachers, high school and college students with disabilities, and parents on how to prepare youth for transition to college and/or employment through the use of iPad technology and instruction in self-advocacy.
Need info, resources, and tools to improve accessibility, inclusion, and campus climate for people with disabilities at your college or university? Disabled & Proud: Leading Change is an online conference for college students with disabilities October 11-13, 2018.
Register now at https://www.disabledandproud.org!
ATAC 2018 SUMMIT Resources
- Dare to Dream (an invitation to self-advocacy)
- Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology in Post-Secondary Education: (QIAT-PS)
- Use the Student Self-Evaluation Matrix to identify methods and skills needed to use AT
- Planning for Employment: PACER: Building a Resume
- Self-Advocacy: Project Eye-to-Eye app
- Bookshare (online library of e-books)
- Learning Ally
- Flocabulary (rap videos)
- National Transition Study
- TECH-NJ articles that focus on transition:
- Planning for College Success by Vincent J. Varrassi MA, LDTC
- Advice for High School Students by LeDerick R. Horne
- Gaining Confidence for College: One Person’s Journey by LeDerick Horne
- Self-Advocacy is the Key to Success for Students with Disabilities in College by Ellen C. Farr
- Transition: There Are No IEP’s in College by Amy G. Dell
- College Resources for Students with Disabilities: Support, Advocacy and Assistive Technology to Facilitate the Transition to Higher Education